Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Back to the real world


I used to have a Facebook. I probably had about 200-300 friends, like everyone else did on there. But who really has 300 friends? Okay.. Probably Oprah. But really, if you have 300 friends on Facebook or Twitter or whatever, do you really talk to them all on there? Most likely not. I know I didn't. So why do we add so many people on there? To be look cool? That's usually the case. If you only have 20 friends on there people are like -wow loser, I have 300 and she has 20! Ok, maybe not but some people do that.

I remade a Facebook a few days ago and some weird things happened. People were actually interested in talking to me. I forgot how Facebook worked for a while because I deleted my old one a few months ago. I put modeling pictures up and they were actually pretty surprised and -happy for me. That's so weird because I thought they would be jealous. But i didn't want them to be jealous, just saying. At this age, we get jealous over the dumbest things. I get jealous because this person is more liked than me, and they get jealous of me because they think I'm prettier than them. Or so I was told. But those people have to realize looks don't matter to me. What matters to me, is how people treat each other. If some person is really mean but they're pretty, they usually have a ton of friends. Because they're pretty. That's not someone I would want to be friends with because I want nice, mature people in my life. People who ignore peer pressure and who are good people.

I realize now I probably shouldn't have made a Facebook again but I still want to keep it. I'm not going to go on there everyday and I'm not going to add people I'm never going to talk to again.

So, I'll see how it goes. I'm not looking for drama on Facebook. What I'm looking for, is to reconnect with old friends. I miss talking to them. Not the mean ones, but the good friends. The weird part is, when people leave that school, they usually become better people in the end. That's true for me and one of my other friends anyway. For me, I found God again. He was there all along, but I was so caught up in Popularity and drama, I didn't listen to him. Now, I'm going to listen to him. He will guide me in the right direction, whether it's being friends with those people again, or not.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for trying out facebook again! If you find it too dramatic you can always deactivate it, but I think it's great that you're connecting with old friends- that's awesome! I'm glad you have found God again as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is always there. Sometimes we ignore him. Or, like you said, we don't listen. But he is always there. And he will definitely guide you in the right direction. Whether you realize it or not, I think he already has in a lot of ways.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to add that I'm pretty embarrassed that I mentioned facebook before I mentioned God! I certainly did not mean my comment to come out that way. I am very glad that you have found God again and I know He will help guide you in your friendships. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jess oh that's okay! Don't worry I didn't notice(: And I hope he will.

    ReplyDelete