Saturday, October 30, 2010

How to deal with mean people

I've had a couple bad experiences in my life. I was cyber bullied in 6th grade by one of my best friends, and I didn't even know it was her at the time. The Internet can be a place for people to insult one another without even seeing their faces. But people can bully or be mean to you to your face too, but I think online it's even worse.

The best thing to do, is to send them love and kindness. My mom used to tell me that as I was crying or fuming or something and I would laugh because I knew it wouldn't work. I was wrong. Obviously, those people aren't very happy. So they need to make YOU feel the same way. That isn't right of them, is it? But if we just send kindness back to them instead of feeling sad or angry, they wouldn't do that to people anymore.

A bully's purpose is to make you feel awful, sad, and insecure. But if you say something nice to them when they insult you, they aren't achieving their goal. You might even end up being friends with them in the end.

This may not work in every situation, but I'm going to try. I've been bullied for my super white skin, hair color, size, boob size, and personality. But you know what? I love the person I am and the way I look now(: I'm going to try to send love and kindness to everyone. Because it isn't worth getting into a fight over. And I'll be a happier person in the end.


I'll never be like this again. I know now, that isn't not worth it. Just because someone makes me feel bad, doesn't mean I have to make someone feel bad.

1 comment:

  1. Love your today's....er yesterday's post.

    I agree with you.

    Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

    Yes, it is easier said than done, but once you apply this attitude and suddenly, they don't seem to matter that much anymore.

    ReplyDelete